Friday, August 1, 2008

1 Day down and 29 more to go!

Ok so i am going to hold myself accountable, and hopefully those who read this will keep me accountable to this as well, I am going to strive to read my bible every day for the next 30 days. I have heard that it takes 30 days to make a habit, and I know of all people that it is so hard to be in the word once school starts up. So Here I am going to try. I'm not going to randomly read different parts. I have started in the past week to start reading about the life of David, a Man after God's own heart. I want to learn how to be that, how to be humble and passionate about God as David was. I know that David was not perfect, he was not Jesus. But I believe he's in the bible to teach us alot. So i'm reading through Samuel 1 and 2. And my dad recently told me he had a book that might help me, as well as a friend who said he'd go through it with me as well.

God is so amazing, and i find that i feel very guilty when i spend so much of my day doing other things and forgetting or not ever having time to seek him and learn about him. I mean i love spending quality time with my friends so why is it, that i don't find time to spend some quality time with my creator. So this is my goal for the next 30 days. I'm so excited for school to start and i believe that this is a great way to kick off this next Semester.

No comments: